Shawn Haggerty joined Swope, Rodante P.A. in 2014 with a commitment to protecting the rights of those mistreated by insurance companies. A member of the Florida Bar, he is licensed to practice in Middle District of Florida. Mr. Haggerty earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Florida State University and later earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the Florida State University College of Law.
While in law school, Mr. Haggerty served as Article Selection Editor for the Florida State Journal of Transnational Law & Policy and was a member of the Florida State Business Review. He was also chosen as a Teaching Assistant and Peer Mentor to help fellow students develop research, writing, and advocacy skills.
During his first summer of law school, Mr. Haggerty was one of 45 students from the U.S. and Canada selected to study abroad at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom. The experience offered a unique opportunity to study the origins of the English common law in comparison with the civil systems of Germany and France. Additionally, Mr. Haggerty served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Marc Lubet in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida which provided him first-hand experience with the judicial decision-making process.
Now with Swope, Rodante P.A., Mr. Haggerty’s drive to go above and beyond remains as he works with a commitment to attaining justice for clients. His approach and knowledge of the justice system coincide with our firm’s mission and we are proud to have him on our team.
- Article Selection Editor, Florida State Journal of Transnational Law & Policy, 2013-2014
- Member, Florida State Business Review, 2012-2014
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing at the FSU College of Law, 2013-2014
- Torts Book Award, Fall 2011
- Academic scholarship to attend Florida State University, 2007-2011
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Secretary of the Ybor City Museum Society
- Member of the Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Justice Association
- Member of the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association