Each month of the school year, the Swope, Rodante Vanguard Award selects a Student Athlete of the Month from Hillsborough County who excels in athletics, academics and in the community. The winning athlete receives an award and a $1,000 check donated to the school’s athletic department in honor of the student’s outstanding performance. At the end of every school year, during the End of the Year Awards Banquet, the selection board awards one overall MVP Student Athlete who receives a gift to use for college.
We encourage you to nominate an exceptional student athlete today!
When submitting nominations remember: the student must meet all the requirements, each submission is only considered for the current month, and you can re-nominate a student, but this does not mean the student will be selected as student athlete of the month.
Requirements for Students
- Senior in public high school of Hillsborough County
- Current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Participate in at least 1 physical sport and have athletic achievements
- Volunteers for community service and/or community involvement
- Overcome a physical, personal, or mental hardship(s)
- Have plans for continuing education