Brandon Cathey is a shareholder of Swope, Rodante P.A., known for achieving exceptional results for catastrophically injured clients. Clients have said of Brandon, “Language cannot adequately express the difference you have made in our lives.” Some of Brandon’s clients’ recent notable results include:
- In May 2019, his clients won a $3.8 million jury verdict after breaking his foot in a motorcycle accident.
- In March 2019, his clients won a $30.1 million jury verdict jury verdict after the insurance company refused to agree to more than $148,000.
- In June 2018, his clients won a $6.7 million verdict in a food poisoning against a restaurant after its insurance company made its highest offer of $20,000.
- A few months before that, his clients settled a wrongful death case for $1.5 million where the defendant had a policy limit of only $25,000.
- In November 2017, his clients settled a case for $12.5 million in Port Charlotte where the insurance company’s highest prior offer had been its $300,000 policy limit.
- The same month, his client won an important bad faith decision from the Georgia Court of Appeals. Mr. Cathey presented the oral argument for the policyholder before the Georgia Supreme Court, which was covered extensively by the national legal media.
- Before that, following a bad faith jury verdict in Atlanta, affirmed by the United States 11th Circuit, his clients recovered $10 million over a $100,000 policy limit.
- A few months before that, his client won a $717,000 UM verdict in Orlando against State Farm after it made its highest offer of $100.
Brandon and his wife, Sarah, are proud parents to their three-year old son, Sawyer, whose favorites are “nice dinosaurs” and the color red.