Brent Steinberg began his employment with Swope, Rodante P.A. as a law clerk in 2009 and joined the firm as a full-time associate after graduating law school in 2010.
Mr. Steinberg earned his Bachelor of Science degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Florida in 2007, and his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2010. He is currently a member of the Florida Bar and the State Bar of Georgia, and is licensed to practice in both states. Mr. Steinberg is also admitted in the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
From the outset, Mr. Steinberg dedicated his professional life to protecting the rights of the injured. The summer after his first year of law school he worked for a prestigious Gainesville civil litigation firm. While in law school, he also authored and published a law review article that criticized national tort reform and advocated legislative change to provide sufficient remedy to individuals injured by drivers of rented vehicles. Since graduation, Mr. Steinberg has continued to fight for legislative change in Tallahasee, helping draft bills, author white papers and lobby legislators on a multitude of insurance issues.
Mr. Steinberg continues to serve those injured by the wrongs of others, representing victims of insurance bad faith, legal malpractice, and catastrophic personal injuries.
- Member of the Florida Law Review, 2008-2010
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy at the UF College of Law, 2008-2009
- Recipient of Book Awards in Trial Practice, Legal Research and Writing, Appellate Advocacy, Legal Drafting, Torts and Advanced Civil Procedure at the UF College of Law, 2007-2010
- Class representative to the student bar association at the UF College of Law, 2007-2009
- Academic scholarships to attend the Canterbury School of Fort Myers, the University of Florida, and the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Eagle Member of the Florida Justice Association.
- Chair, Auto Insurance Committee, 2016 – present.
- Director-At-Large, 2017 – present.
- Member of American Association for Justice.
- Member of the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
- The Graves Amendment: Putting To Death Florida’s Strict Vicarious Liability Law,
62 FLA. L. REV. 795 (2010).