Brent Steinberg began his employment with Swope, Rodante P.A. as a law clerk in 2009 and joined the firm full time after graduating law school in 2010. He represents victims of catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, legal malpractice and wrongful coverage denials, handling cases throughout Florida and Georgia at both the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Steinberg is a proud double Gator, earning his Bachelor of Science degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Florida in 2007, and his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2010. He is admitted to practice in all Florida and Georgia trial and appellate courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
From the outset, Mr. Steinberg dedicated his professional life to protecting the rights of consumers and the injured.
After his first year of law school, Mr. Steinberg clerked for a prestigious Gainesville civil litigation firm, helping those injured by the negligence of others. While in law school, he also authored and published a law review article that criticized national “tort reform” and advocated for legislative change to protect the rights of individuals injured by rental car drivers. Since graduation, Mr. Steinberg has brought the fight to Tallahassee, helping draft pro-consumer bills, author white papers and lobby Florida state legislators on a multitude of insurance and civil justice issues.
- Member of the Florida Law Review, 2008-2010
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy at the UF College of Law, 2008-2009
- Recipient of Book Awards in Trial Practice, Legal Research and Writing, Appellate Advocacy, Legal Drafting, Torts, and Advanced Civil Procedure at the UF College of Law, 2007-2010
- Class representative to the student bar association at the UF College of Law, 2007-2009
- Academic scholarships to attend the Canterbury School of Fort Myers, the University of Florida, and the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Eagle Member of the Florida Justice Association.
- Chair, Auto Insurance Committee, 2016 – present.
- Director-At-Large, 2017 – present.
- “Quarter Horse Award” for significant contributions during the 2017 legislative session.
- Member of American Association for Justice.
- Member of the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
Publications & Presentations
- Author of Tips for Auto Practitioners, a bi-monthly column in the Journal of the Florida Justice Association, May 2017 – present.
- Auto Insurance Case Law and Legislative Update, Florida Justice Association 2017 Annual Convention.
- The Graves Amendment: Putting To Death Florida’s Strict Vicarious Liability Law,
62 FLA. L. REV. 795 (2010).