Jacob Schuster is an associate attorney at Swope, Rodante P.A. joining the firm in 2021 after graduating Cum Laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Schuster attended the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine as part of a B.A/M.D. program before pivoting his focus to study political science at Portland State University where he earned his Bachelor’s degree.
While in law school, Mr. Schuster found his driving passion and love for legal practice stemming from his experience with Moot Court where he served as an executive board member and competed in the Jessup International Moot Court Competition and Emory Civil Rights and Liberties Moot Court Competition.
While furthering his expertise and knowledge, Mr. Schuster worked as a legal extern and summer intern for the Florida Board of Governors Self-Insurance program gaining valuable insights that influences the work he is doing every day.
As a summer clerk for the New York Supreme Court, Mr. Schuster gained the firsthand experience of helping everyday Americans through the process of interacting with a trial court. As he embarks on his legal career it is those people that he works to ensure never feel as though they are falling through the cracks of our legal system.
Mr. Schuster is looking forward to his work as an attorney and continuing his education under the tutelage of the leadership at Swope, Rodante P.A., learning from what he describes as the most intelligent and hard-working attorneys one could ever find.
- Member, University of Florida College of Law Moot Court, 2019-2021
- Moot Court Executive Board Member 2019-2020.
- Committee Chair for University of Florida Technology, Media & Privacy law conference, 2018.
- Class representative to the Cuban American bar association at the UF College of Law, 2018.
- Class representative to the real property law association at the UF College of Law, 2018.
- Legal Extern & Summer Intern, Florida Board of Governors Self-Insurance Program, 2020.
- Summer Law Clerk, New York Supreme Court, Ninth Judicial Circuit, 2019.
- Volunteer at the Aleph Institute, assisting families of individuals who are incarcerated or facing substance abuse, 2016-2018.
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, 2023