Shortly after graduating law school, Mercy Almaguer joined Swope, Rodante P. A. as an associate attorney in 2017. Cuban born and Miami raised, Mrs. Almaguer attended the Florida International University where she graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Relations in 2013. Soon after, she became a Juris Doctor candidate at the University of Florida Levin College of Law in May 2017.
As a law school student, Mrs. Almaguer took every learning opportunity to augment her knowledge and skills. She was a member of the Florida Moot Court Team and was named Best Overall Competitor, after delivering an oral argument before the Florida Supreme Court, and Best Team in the 2015 Final Four Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe Moot Court Competition. Mrs. Almaguer also competed at the 2015 Willem C. Vis Moot Court Competition in Austria, Vienna where her team received an Honorable Mention for Best Team.
Mrs. Almaguer gained real-world expertise as a pupil in the First District Court of Appeal Appellate American Inn of Court. She was also a judicial extern for the Honorable Thomas M. Jaworski, clerked both summers of law school at Astigarraga Davis, and improved her research and writing skills as a teaching and research assistant.
As an associate attorney at Swope, Rodante P. A., Mrs. Almaguer is devoted to being an ardent advocate for our clients and works relentlessly to get them the justice they have been denied.
On her down time, Mrs. Almaguer enjoys spending time with her husband, Eddy, and listening to podcasts including Trial Lawyer Talk.
- Recipient of Book Awards in Appellate Law, Legal Drafting, and Legal Writing at the UF College of Law, 2014-2016.
- First Place Winner, 25th Annual Duberstein National Moot Court Competition in New York, 2017
- Outstanding Brief, 25th Annual Duberstein National Moot Court Competition in New York, 2017
- First Place Winner, 11th Circuit Cristol Kahn Paskay Cup Moot Court Competition in Miami, 2017
- Honorable Mention for Best Team, Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition in Vienna, 2016
- Third Place Winner, Florida Bar Vis Pre-Moot Arbitration Competition in Miami, 2016
- Best Overall Competitor, 30th Annual Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe Final Four Moot Court Competition at UF College of Law in Gainesville, 2015
- Best Team, 30th Annual Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe Final Four Moot Court Competition at UF College of Law in Gainesville, 2015
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy at UF College of Law, 2015-2016
- Teaching Assistant for Business Law at UF College of Business, 2016
- Order of Barristers, 2017-Present
- First District Court of Appeal Appellate American Inn of Court, 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2013-Present
- Member, Florida State Bar, 2017-Present
- Member, American Bar Association Law Student Division, UF College of Law, 2014-2017
- Member, Trial Team of Phi Alpha Delta, UF College of Law, 2014
- Member, Florida Moot Court Team, UF College of Law, 2015-2017