Mindy Miller serves as Of Counsel for Swope Rodante, P.A. As a former litigator representing insurance companies, she is passionate about using her unique knowledge and experience for the benefit of those who are wrongfully injured. Believing every client is exceptional, she pursues each case with a creative approach and rigorous intensity. Simply put, Mrs. Miller zealously represents her clients to obtain results that are right, just and fair.
Experienced in matters involving catastrophic personal injury, professional liability, insurance coverage, extra contractual litigation, medical malpractice, construction defect and property damage, Mrs. Miller has a proven track record demonstrating successful representation and she works to ensure her clients are well pleased with service she provides and the results obtained through our justice system.
Prior to joining our team Mrs. Miller was a partner in the firm of Scarborough, Hull & Miller, an insurance defense law firm. Highlights of her work there include serving as lead counsel on an extra-contractual matter involving a $12 million judgment, assisting with a defense of $4 million exposure ultimately resulting in favorable ruling for the insurer, and serving as coverage counsel for national insurer; to name a few.
Mrs. Miller is a Tampa native. After graduating cum laude in 1997 from the Florida State University she continued her education at the Florida State University College of Law where she graduated in 2000. While in law school she was selected to be a member of the Moot Court Team and chosen to present her oral argument before the Florida Supreme Court as a member of the prestigious “Final Four.” Mrs. Miller is a member of the Florida Bar and the Middle District Court of Florida.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2011, 2013, 2014
- Named one of Florida’s Outstanding Young Lawyers by American Registry, 2011
Professional & Community Involvement
- Supreme Court of Florida Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, 2013-present
- Executive Board Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Florida Bar, 2014-2015
- Council Member, Van Dyke Church 2013-present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Member
- During her representation of insurers Mrs. Miller regularly presented topics involving best claims practices, tort litigation and case law updates.