The Swope, Rodante Vanguard Award Selection Board is pleased to share that Robinson High School senior, Andrue Sauceda, has been selected as the 2018 February Student Athlete of the Month.
Andrue has been on the varsity wrestling for four years and is currently the divisional champion. As a wrestler he has place in several tournaments and is a 3 time Regional qualifier. His wrestling coach, Tomas Montero, nominated Andrue for his leadership, his commitment to everything he does, and his perseverance.
A true example of a Swope, Rodante Vanguard Award Student Athlete of the Month, Andrue volunteers at several non-profit organizations including feeding the homeless and community clean ups. Even with his busy schedule and taking 5 AP classes, he has maintained a 5.14 GPA! After graduating from Robinson High School, he will be attending USF in the fall.
Congratulations Andrue! We wish you the very best in all your future endeavors!
The mission of The Swope, Rodante Vanguard Award is to celebrate outstanding high school student athletes and coaches throughout Hillsborough County.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NOMINATED STUDENTS
- Senior in a public high school of Hillsborough County
- Participate in at least 1 physical sport and have athletic achievements
- Volunteers for community service and/or community involvement
- Overcome a physical, personal, or mental hardship(s)
- Current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have plans for continuing education