When a manufacturer fails to live up to its social and legal responsibility to provide a safe and defect-free product, it may result in undue harm or even death. At Swope, Rodante, we work hard to get justice for our clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to defective or unsafe products.
Common types of product liability cases we handle include:
• Dangerous Chemicals and Hazardous Materials
• Defective Children’s Products
• Unsafe Industrial and Commercial Equipment
• Dangerous Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices
• Defective Automotive Equipment
If someone is harmed by an unsafe product and it can be proven that the product that caused injury to the consumer was defective and was being used correctly at the time the harm occurred, then the manufacturer, distributor or seller or may be held liable for their negligence.
Common forms of liability include:
• Negligence – lack of reasonable care in the production of the product
• Breach of warranty – failure of a seller to fulfill the terms of the product’s warranty
• Misrepresentation – sales promotion of the product that gives consumers false security
• Strict tort liability –may extend liability to those indirectly injured by the product
The rapid growth of product liability litigation has been hailed by some consumers as an effective tool for consumer protection. The law has changed from the caveat “let the buyer beware” to strict liability for manufacturing defects that make a product unreasonably dangerous. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, contact us today.