Taylor McKnight is a highly accomplished attorney who brings his extensive experience in personal injury law to Swope, Rodante P.A. With a remarkable career as a defense lawyer, Mr. McKnight leverages his expertise to passionately advocate for victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries and those who have lost loved ones as a result of the negligence of others.
Having previously served as a partner at a well-respected nationwide law firm, Mr. McKnight has extensive experience handling cases involving trucking, bus, and commercial vehicle crashes, particularly those resulting in catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. He also has substantial experience handling a diverse array of cases, including premises liability, medical malpractice, and products liability. His deep understanding of how personal injury cases are approached by defense attorneys and insurance carriers gives him a unique perspective and knowledge base to ensure that negligent corporations and individuals are held accountable and made to return the full value of what they have taken from his clients and their families.
Mr. McKnight embarked on his legal career as an Assistant Public Defender in Hillsborough County, Florida, where he successfully represented individuals charged with criminal offenses. He was lead trial attorney on a number of cases, many of which resulted in his clients’ exoneration. As a law student at Florida State University College of Law, Mr. McKnight gained invaluable trial and case handling experience as a Certified Legal Intern at the Public Defender’s Office in Leon County, Florida.
Committed to giving back to his community, Mr. McKnight has served alongside his wife, Meg, as a Wish Granter with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and a Care Squad member for the Children’s Dream Fund.
Mr. McKnight is admitted to practice in Florida and various United States District Courts, including the Middle District of Florida, Northern District of Florida, Southern District of Florida, Eastern District of Arkansas, and Western District of Arkansas.
- Eagle Member of the Florida Justice Association
- Wish Granter and Volunteer, Make-A-Wish Foundation, 2013 – Present
- Care Squad Member and Volunteer, Children’s Dream Fund, 2023 – Present
- Mentor and Tutor, Lawyers for Literacy, 2013
- Student Mentor, Raa Middle School Morning Magic Mentoring Program, 2010
- “Identifying and Securing Crash Data from a Multitude of Sources,” Lewis Brisbois’ Transportation Law Update, May 2022
- “DRIVE-Safe Act Seeks to Address Truck Driver Shortage,” Lewis Brisbois’ Transportation Law Update, July 2021
- “Canada’s ELD Regulations to Be Fully Implemented on June 12, 2021,” Lewis Brisbois’ Transportation Law Update, October 2019
- ATA Litigation Center’s Trucking Litigation Forum, July 2022
- Accident Investigation II: Transportation, Lewis Brisbois’ Webinar Series, September 2022