Anna Frederiksen-Cherry is a trial attorney fighting for justice in complex cases for the past twenty years. She handles cases involving medical malpractice, products liability, and catastrophic injuries. Before joining SRPA, Ms. Cherry focused her practice on Engle progeny cases as a trusted member of elite trial teams securing over $40 million in verdicts for clients against Big Tobacco. She handled tobacco litigation and trial work with Hendrik “Henk” Uiterwyk at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, and complex tobacco motion practice, jury instructions, and appeals at Vaka Law Group.
Ms. Cherry also litigated catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases at Knopik Deskins Law Group. She started her career as an Assistant Public Defender in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, specializing in all phases of medico-legal injury and death investigation. She was assigned to the major crimes bureau as a trial attorney handling specialized complex litigation including death penalty cases, cold case homicides, vehicular homicides, and sex offenses, in addition to training and supervising felony attorneys in trial procedure. Ms. Cherry served as lead trial counsel in a 25-year-old cold case murder, convincing the jury to return a not guilty verdict for her client in under two hours.
Anna Frederiksen-Cherry is an experienced litigator with over 65 trials, and has presented continuing legal education courses on proving non-economic damages, interviewing and deposing child witnesses, DNA, and trial preparation. Ms. Cherry graduated from the University of Colorado in 1997 and from CU Boulder law school in 2001. Anna is admitted to practice in Florida and the Middle District Court of Florida.
- Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel for Engle Progeny Tobacco Cases, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, 2017-2020.
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Florida.
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Member of the Florida Justice Association.
- Member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
- Member of the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section.
- Member of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
- Member of the Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers.
- Proving Up Your Non-Economic Damages, Florida Justice Association Annual Convention, 2020.
- Florida Legal Elite, 2014.
- Professional of the Year, Office of the Public Defender for the 13th Circuit, 2007.
- Litigator of the Year, Major Crimes Bureau, Office of the Public Defender for the 13th Circuit, 2007.
- Litigator of the Year, Felony Bureau, Office of the Public Defender for the 13th Circuit, 2004.