Guardianship and Estates - Swope, Rodante P.A.
Swoped Rodante Logo

Guardianship and Estates

Sometimes a guardian needs to be appointed by the court to manage the legal affairs of a minor or an adult who is unable to do so because of a physical or mental disability. Florida law provides that a guardianship should be set up in the least restrictive way possible so the incapacitated person—also known as the ward—can participate as much as possible in all decisions affecting them. A guardian is also there to make sure that the ward is cared for emotionally, physically, medically, and financially by acting in the ward’s best interest.